Contact Us Today!

We're here ready to help you with all of your estate planning and elder law needs.
Fields marked with an * are required

Legal Planning
for Young Adults

My child is 18: what do they need?

Whether your child is getting ready to graduate from high school, head off to college, or enlist in the military, you probably have a checklist of items that need to be completed. As you create this checklist, you should consider adding four essential estate planning documents:

Financial Power of Attorney

Health Care Power of Attorney

HIPAA Release

FERPA Waiver (if attending higher education)

Without these documents, your access to your child’s health, financial, and educational records will cease once they turn 18. It also means that you no longer have the right to make medical or financial decisions on their behalf.

Carrier Law offers a simple estate planning package designed for young adults. In a 30-minute appointment, your young adult can complete these documents and give you both peace of mind.

Give us a call at (616) 361-8400 or fill out the form to the right to schedule your appointment!

Want to learn more? Read a recent blog post about legal documents for young adults.

Schedule an Appointment
Appointments now available on Saturdays!

Find a location near you: